Curried Chicken With Sweet Potato & Cauliflower
This is a colourful, delicious meal to warm the cockles of your heart on a cold winter's night. We've used Afrikoz Spices SOUTH blend to make this a dish to remember!
Author: Joy Sinclair
Recipe type: Dinner
- ¾ cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Afrikoz Spices SOUTH blend
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 kg boneless chicken thigh fillets cut into medium sized chunks
- 1 large orange sweet potato peeled & cut into medium sized chunks
- 1 large white sweet potato peeled & cut into medium sized chunks
- 3 cups cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dry roasted unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup fresh coriander chopped
- In a bowl combine yoghurt, Afrikoz Spices SOUTH blend and salt.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the mixture, cover and refrigerate.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius, place a baking sheet on the tray and spray with cooking oil.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place on baking sheet in oven.
- Toss the sweet potato in the remaining yoghurt and place on the baking sheet in oven.
- Toss the cauliflower in the oil and place on the baking sheet in oven.
- Season the vegies with ¼ tsp salt & peper.
- Roast chicken and vegies uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn the chicken over and stir the vegies.
- Continue to roast until the chicken is cooked through and the vegies are tender - about another 10-15 minutes more.
- Arrange chicken and vegies on a platter or individual plates, and sprinkle with cashews and coriander.
Joy Sinclair was born in Africa and moved to Australia, where she started a business with her Australian husband selling authentic African spices. Visit Afrikoz Spices for more recipes.