What do you do when you've got half a dozen leftover barbequed sausages & you want to make a quick dinner? Try this curried sausages recipe on for size! The addition of Afrikoz Spices South blend gives a great bite to it.
Author: Eva Browne-Paterson
Cuisine: Cape Malay Curry
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6-8 barbequed sausages sliced into bite-sized pieces (mine in the photo were too big)
- 1 onion peeled & chopped
- 2 small carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 400g can of pineapple pieces
- 1 litre beef stock
- 3 tsp Afrikoz Spices South blend
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pkt of 2 minute microwave rice
- Put a large saucepan onto the stove & bring to a high heat.
- Add a good dollop of butter & the Afrikoz Spices South blend and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the onions & carrots & stir.
- Add the sausages & pineapple pieces & stir.
- Slowly add beef stock to cover the ingredients while stirring.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover & simmer until the carrots are cooked - 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix up 1 tbsp cornflour & water to a runny paste & pour into the curry while stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Put the rice into the microwave to cook. (I used Uncle Ben's wild rice).
- Service the rice onto plates, then add the curry & garnish with plenty of coriander to cool off the bite.