Sweet & Spicy Mango Chicken
A quick and easy meal to throw together. The addition of Afrikoz Spices NORTH blend adds dimension to the flavour of this dish.
Author: Afrikoz Spices
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Afrikoz Spices NORTH blend
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced into thick slices
- Olive oil
- Vegies for steaming like broccoli florets & sliced capsicum
- 1 small tin of bean sprouts or a handful of fresh sprouts
- 1 Kiwifruit
- Mango Sauce:
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp Afrikoz Spices NORTH blend
- 80 ml honey
- Place chicken between sheets of greaseproof paper and pound lightly with a meat mallet to flatten until close to equal thickness.
- Sprinkle Afrikoz Spices NORTH blend over chicken.
- Layer prosciutto and mango slices on chicken and roll up, secure with toothpicks. (Leave a few smaller slices for garnishing).
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan brown chicken on both sides.
- Place breasts in an oven proof dish and finish in a 180 degree C oven for about 25 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Steam the vegies to serve with the chicken.
- Mango Sauce:
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and cook, stirring, 4-5 mins or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove and blend or process sauce to make a smooth puree like mixture.
- Serve chicken breasts over the bean sprouts drizzled with sauce.
- Garnish with a small slices of mango & kiwifruit.
- Arrange steamed vegies around the chicken to finish off this colourful, tasty dish!
Adapted from a recipe by The Flying Chef.