Tsire Chicken Suyas
Tsire, also known as suya, is a popular street food in Nigeria. Looking a lot like a shish kebab, tsire is often a skewered piece of meat covered in spices and sold in roadside stands. When making at home, one could grill the tsire in warmer months or broil them in your oven when outdoor cooking is not an option. We're using Afrikoz Spices WEST blend for these kebabs.
Author: Afrikoz Spices
Recipe type: Lunch
- 500g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon Afrikoz Spices WEST blend
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons peanut/vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the Afrikoz Spices WEST blend and crushed garlic.
- Cut the chicken into long, thin strips and brush with the oil and lime juice.
- Coat liberally with the spice rub.
- Marinate for 1 hour if desired.
- Stick onto skewers and grill on the barbeque until it's cooked to your liking.
Adapted from Medea Wolf's blog.