West African Tsire Lamb Koftas
Spicy minced lamb rolled in a delicious mixture of ground peanuts and mixed spice, then grilled or barbequed to perfection. We used Afrikoz Spices WEST blend for the tsire in these koftas.
Author: Afrikoz Spices
Recipe type: Lunch
- 600g lamb mince
- 2 Tbsp Greek style plain yoghurt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Afrikoz Spices WEST blend
- Olive oil spray
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Mix the lamb, yoghurt, onion, and garlic together blend using your hands.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions, roll into a ball and form into sausage shaped koftas.
- Push the koftas onto skewers pressing the meat around the skewer.
- Dip the kofta into the beaten egg, allow excess to drip off, then roll in the Afrikoz Spices WEST blend allowing for even coverage.
- Spray the kofta lightly with olive oil spray.
- Grill or barbeque for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked.
- Serve garnished with mint leaves.
Adapted from the publication "Spice It Up".